Great Ways to enjoy Katy’s Smoked Salmon
Smoked Salmon Spread
8 oz whipped cream cheese
1/4 pound Katy’s Smoked King Salmon
2 Tbsp minced green onion
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp Tabasco
1/4 tsp Worcestershire
Combine ingredients, mix well and chill.
Serve on crackers or on toast.
Smoked Salmon Tacos
1 1/2 pound Katy’s Smoked King Salmon, broken into bite-size pieces
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
3 cups finely shredded cabbage or lettuce
1 large ripe avocado, diced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
2 green onions, diced
8 flour tortillas
Mix the Katy’s Smoked Salmon with the mayonnaise and cilantro. Heat the tortillas in a dry cast-iron skillet over low heat, turning occasionally, until hot. Fold the tortillas in half. Spoon the salmon mixture into the center of each tortilla. Top with shredded cabbage, avocado, tomatoes and onion. Top with salsa to taste.
Cheesy Garlic Smoked Salmon Bread
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup Swiss or Gruyere cheese, grated
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp Tobasco Sauce
1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
1/4 pound Katy’s Smoked King Salmon, flaked
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Spread onto french bread baguette that has been cut through the middle horizontally.
3. Bake at 400°F until it begins to turn golden brown and the cheese has melted.
4. Cut into small portions and serve warm. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley
Guaranteed to bring all your guests to the kitchen to see what smells so good.
Smoked Salmon Dip
1/2 pound Katy’s Smoked King Salmon
1/2 pound sharp cheese spread
Mayonnaise to taste
Flake salmon with a fork. Beat with electric mixer til light and fluffy. Beat in cheese spread. Beat in mayonnaise to desired consistency. Serve with chips, crackers or raw vegetables.
Hazelnut Brie with Smoked Salmon
8 oz Marin French Cheese Company Triple Cream Brie wheel (available at Katy’s)
1 cup coarsely chopped Holmquist Hazelnut Orchards’ hazelnuts (360) 988-9240
2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves chopped garlic (optional)
3/4 pound Katy’s Smoked King Salmon, traditional or Vern’s Cure (touch of brown sugar)
Crackers or french bread.
1. Lightly brown garlic in butter, add chopped hazelnuts. Do not get nuts too brown as they will continue to gain color in the oven.
2. Place Brie wheel on an oven proof serving dish. Top with nut mixture. Place in the middle of your preheated oven at 300°F for about 15 minutes. The brie should be soft but not runny.
3. Slice the smoked salmon and place around the edge of the brie plate after it is removed from the oven.
4. Serve immediately with a basket of crackers or french bread. Small butter knives work great for cutting and spreading the brie.
Note: Traditional Brie or Camembert may be substituted for the Triple Cream Brie.